Saturday, September 27, 2008

i HATE HATE HATE HATE ticketmaster

If I call the box office to a place to get tickets to a band I want to see, usually it's because I want to a) avoid the RIDICULOUS surcharges and b) because I like the venue enough that I'm willing to give them all the money in hand instead of working through a middle man and take the time of the trip to the place.

But If I hear ONE MORE voice mail about how I need to call ticket master so I can pay $8 more of the cover price I'm gonna go crazy. Actually no I'm not, it's going to give me a good excuse when someone says why do you download everything and not buy it.

WHY? I'm glad you asked, it's because when I (the person who actually supports my downloaded artist when they are on tour) have ALREADY PAID for the music in all my fucking convenience fees with ticketmaster/web. If the artist doesn't like it, take it up with your middle man. How did a pair of $35 tickets turn into a $120 investment? Is The Warfield going to give me dividends? I don't think so. Is the Fillmore going to give me open bar or at least a free shot of Remy for that extra $10 charge? Nope. But it does even out to the cost of the new cd that I didn't pay for. So revel in that.

0 comments: