Monday, November 3, 2008

The Anticipation is Killing Me

The anticipation is killing me. Probably you too. This will be the first time a viable Black president is running for the United States Presidency. I never thought, up until at least a 2 years ago when I first heard him speak, that there would ever be an opportunity like this in America for a Black man. I figured a Black woman would be safer for the public than a Black man. So this is truely an amazing time. It's amazing watching your country get to a point where it has to deal with its internal problems. It's a situation where it seems the whole nation has been affronted with itself because of a cascade of disasters that are impossible to ignore. Hurricanes, war, entire cabinets under arrest. We're setting up for either great change or epic fail. I"ve been waiting for November 4th and it's here tomorrow.

I already voted so I won't get my sticker, but I can at least be assured that my vote counts on paper. All I can do now is wait until midnight tomorrow and see who our next president is. And whether or not I should riot. My gear is ready. You know, just in case.

0 comments: