Friday, January 25, 2008

Turkey with pork in it?

and other food no no's

Jenny-O turkey Italian sausages are wrapped in a pork casing.

I don't know why it dawned on me on me that day, but while I was taking the sausage out of the casing, which I always do, I realized, turkey's don't have guts that big... what is this stuff? And low and behold in the ingredients, pork casing. So for for those of us that don't eat pork, here's a warning. (although the best one I ever heard was just don't eat ANY ground meats and you're good)


I don't really have the strictest dietary demands, but I do cook for a lot of people so it dawned on me to start seriously looking at the labels of different seasonings I used to make sure there were not any mistakes like this pirkey problem. And I came up with these two on my shelf. I'll find more later I'm sure.

Worcestershire sauce is NOT vegan, it contains fish sauce and anchovies


Guinness is also not vegan, something about trace particles of fish due to processing.


post any of your own food oddities in the comments and we'll keep tabs.

PS. If you read the ingredients to a box of Chicken in a Biscuit, can someone PLEASE answer me, what is chicken extract? or do I really want to know?

0 comments: